Sunday 12 August 2012

At home DIY..

Here are a few examples of DIY projects i have done and you can do too..

Few simple items to take a plain bar stool to a funky bar stool..

1.      1’ x 1’ piece of fabric

2.      Foam (cut to the size of the seat)

3.      Paint

4.      Old stool

5.      Primer

First step is to prime and paint the base of the stool, second step is it place the foam on the seat and wrap fabric around. You can either velcro the fabric to the chair or use a staple gun.











My younger sister had a basic pink heart shaped mirror she was going to throw out; I taped the mirror off and primed the melamine surface. As a base coat I took a basic white semi-gloss latex paint I had in my garage (for trim). I then went out to purchase a black gel stain and a natural bristle brush, now to start the fun. I dry brushed “swoosh” marks all over using a rag to wipe excess of the brush and continued till I was happy with the end result. To protect the surface from chipping I sprayed a few coats of clear polyurethane. I created a funky new mirror that reflects my personality while recycling old furniture pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment